Monday, August 20, 2012

HOW I GOT FREE FROM CIGARETTES ALCOHOL TESTIMONY

Testimony from a brother in Christ: I continue with the topic alcoholism. Now like I said I found that someone who actually took the desire away from me. But let me tell you how I got to that point. Now in 1989 in April after I got sick, and I made this promise to God I made a deal with him, if he heals me I promise him I will follow him in everything. And one of this things were alcohol for sure and also smoking and swearing and other stuff we do in our society and it is ok. But because I promised he healed me so I had to keep a promise. But I thought after that happened, I made a promise I because a Christian. So I thought it was all over. In the beginning i did repent, for a while I didn't drink, nothing. And I quit smoking for a short time because I just coulnt give up. So I would go back and forth, smoke for 3 weeks, not smoke for another one. Then slowly I start to drink again.

Now I didnt drink like before to get drunk but I had 3 or 4 beers and I would feel guilty but I couldnt give up. So I kept myself to the point in saying well if I don't get drunk then thats still acceptable. I Thought that God says none of the drunks will see heaven, so I found myself a comfort place saying if I had only 2 or 3 beers then it is maybe not too bad. One day I went to work, I was working nights for northern telecom. It was about 2 o'clock in the morning. So I went outside to smoke a cigaret from my section where I used to work. It was a beautiful sky, lots of stars, the moon. And I was looking up and then I start to pray.

I said, "Lord My God, you know how much I struggle with smoking with drinking, especially smoking, Father God I ask in the name of Jesus Christ from Nazareth, take this desire away from me, take this Spirit or whatever it would be or what it is, get him out, I want to be free, Lord…." I was crying, "Help me". So I finish my prayer, I walk back into my section, I walk to my desk where I keep my cigarets I took the pack and I throw the pack in the garbage. And then all of a sudden I have no desire, no craving, this time was different to any other time when I tried to quit and also with alcohol. I didn't desire no more to drink. Not even a glass or a beer or whatever. Those things went away from me, I was free.

As I was going, a week went by. (That was the most difficult time, about 6 or 7 days and then I just couldnt handle it, I have to have my beer, I have to have my cigarets) But this time a second week went through and then a whole month went by and I have no desire, no craving. It was altogether different. So then I said, "How can this be, what did I do different this time than before when I promised God I would quit and leave everything and follow you?" That was done in my own strength. I tried to prove God I could do it. I tried to make it look like I am in control. But no, I was not in control. And then I understood what exactly I done right this time. I asked God himself to take this desire away, to free me from this spirit, from this evil spirit what kept me down. What oppressed me. Because everything that is on our own power, everything was on our strength, it has to be something more than what we can handle or we can do and then we come to what God said, we do not fight against flesh and blood but we fight against the evil spirits in the heavens around us. So here I am, The Lord freed me from this evil spirit of alcoholism, of smoking, of swearing, of lying and on and on and on with sins that we call them lifestyle…....