Saturday, March 23, 2013

SIN STUMBLING AND CHRISTIANS

I'm going to talk about sin and a Christian. Sin and a believer. I have had Christians write to me and say that we will all make mistakes and these things are inevitable and we'll all sin until we enter God's kingdom. Now we will make mistakes that is true at times, but that's not what we want to do, so that's what I want to talk about today is how does God lineup with sin, and how do we walk as believers if we also can walk in sin. And how much of that doctrine is true that; we are all sinners still and we continue to live a life of sin and we continue to live as we wish and also follow Jesus. There are topics are there such as; can you be homosexual and pleasing to God. Can you be a gay and pleasing to God. Can you be friends with the world and be pleasing to God. Can you have fun and be pleasing to God. All these topics that so many preachers already preach about, and so many Christians don't listen to what the Lord says about it. That's what I wanted to talk about today is; how can we follow Jesus Christ and also do sin. And can we also make mistakes, and how perfect do we have to be. And are any of these things required to enter the kingdom of God? We all know the Gospel that has set us free. However the Gospel hasn't set some of us free, however the gospel set me free because I found this real gospel. You see what happened to me, I can tell you about what happened in my life; I used to do many things that were wrong and what happened was the Lord Jesus Christ called me to repent and to get right because I found out that I was going to hell, on my way to the fire as a Christian who believed in God who believes in Jesus who gets baptized in the name of Jesus, goes to church and and sings to Jesus and prays at night to Jesus. How is it that I could still be going to hell?

I will tell you how that came about. The Lord woke me up out of my ways and he showed me that I was on my way to the fire and I realize that I had to repent. You see I was following Jesus as such in that I would go to church, I would pray, I would read the Bible and if anyone asked me who I believed in, I would say Jesus. But what else was I doing? My mind and heart definitely was not for Jesus. I tell you truly I did not know him. I didn't follow him, he wasn't my Lord, because I was my own master. I lived my life as I pleased. I did all the things that I wanted to do in life and I was focused on pleasing myself, and so while I was focused on doing all the things that I would like to do, and living my own life and having fun with worldly people not being a light, I was being that is called lukewarm. Or even less than lukewarm, cold. And we know that cold and lukewarm people do not enter the kingdom of God. Because Jesus said in a revelation that he will spew such people forth from himself who claim him but they are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold. You see that's how I was like. I was very lukewarm. I was swearing every day. Sinning, lusting, living in immorality, I wasn't living a righteous path, yet I did claim Jesus. But then Jesus said that we have to be holy. He said to those who say Lord, Lord, he said, “Why don't you do what I say?” So in the matter-of-fact I was not honoring Jesus Christ. I was not honoring God. I want to read you why. In John 9:31 we read: “You know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will God listens to him….” That was me, God didn't listen to me. He didn't hear my prayers. I was a sinner.

So Christians say, “Well cant I enter the kingdom of heaven and obviously I will still sin but its through Jesus Christ I am saved?” It is true that Jesus Christ does something; he makes us FREE from sin and he makes us no longer sinners. That is why it's written in John 9:31 that: “We know that God does not listen to sinners….” So when we are praying to the Lord with sin on our hands, and we are not like that Republican who was in tears and remorseful over his sin, then God will not hear us. He doesn't hear our prayers if we are living in sin. I can read it to you again John 9:31: “We know that God does not listen to sinners but if anyone worships him and does his will that's who he listens to”. So to have God listen to you, you need to turn away from your sin and you need to do what I did; turn to Jesus Christ hallelujah. Now I want to read you a little bit more about sin and God. In Proverbs 28:9 it says, “if one turns his ear away from hearing the law or the way of righteousness, even his prayers towards the Lord is an abomination”. So if you turn your year away from the ways of righteousness and you go and do what I did; live in immorality and sin, every time you pray to the Lord it's an abomination before him. Abomination means extreme disgust. We are not here to have our prayers as an abomination before God. We are here to hear his righteous ways and to obey Jesus Christ. I want to read in Psalms 66:18: “If I have cherished iniquity or sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened”…

while we are in sin the Lord does not listen. While we do not repent before the Lord like I was, I was living in unrepentant sin, no wonder Jesus didn't listen to my prayers. He doesn't hear the prayers of the wicked. So dear friends we need to confess our sins before the Lord. I read to you what happens with those who confess their sins in James 5:16, he says: “Confess your sins, pray for one another that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power”. Now notice the word righteous, the righteous person isn't somebody who continues to practice sin. That is a sinner and we know that God does not listen to sinners and even the prayer of those who incline their ear away from the way of righteousness to the way of wickedness, even their prayers are an abomination. In other words God extremely does not like their prayers. They disgust him, an abomination. So that is why we have to really be wake up to ourselves if we are living in those old ways that I used to as a Christian. I could've said to myself back then “I am saved and sealed and I'm going to heaven because I believe in Jesus and it's through the power of the cross that I will be saved because I believe in John 3:16”, yet I continued in evil. Now we were we know what is said in in first John chapter 3. I want to read to you what is written: “In him there is no sin (that is Jesus Christ). no one who lives in him keeps on sinning, no one who continues to sin has even known him or seen him”… That is a big key here is that when I used to continue my evil it was because I just didn't know Jesus. I didn't see him I didn't know him. He wasn't my Lord. Now I professed him, but it didn't mean that I actually knew him. And Jesus said that he will say to many who didn't know him: “Go away I didn't know you, depart from here”. So we can clearly see that we must get to KNOW Jesus. That is the only way. If you don't know Jesus and he doesn't know you then you're going to be still an unchanged sinner.

Even if you are a believer like I was; go to church, sing, pray, believe, to a certain extent, and keep leaving my sinful life. That is not the path to the kingdom of heaven. At the same time we claim Jesus. Well I was claiming Jesus but I was also living in sin chasing my desire. But isn't it written: “love not the world nor anything in the world for he who loves the world does not have love of the father in him”. You can read their in the letter of John. Now I read to you from 1 John chapter 1: “God is light in him there is no darkness. If you claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in darkness, we lie and do not live in the truth”. So if you claim to follow Jesus and walk in darkness, thats, worldly paths, immorality, lust, lies, dishonesty, unkindness, all kinds of things. If we claim to know the Lord yet we walk in darkness, we are liars and we just don't know Jesus. And that's what I used to be. I would claim the Lord but I didn't know him. He hadn't changed me, because I never really repented and went to him and that's what true faith is. If you really believe in Jesus, if you really believe that he will save you and take you to the kingdom of heaven and forgive your sins, then you would also do what I did and go and dedicate and accept that and have his change, his real change come into your life. And then don't walk away from him. Now listen: “If we walk in the light as he is in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin”… So when you are walking in the light, when you have turned to Jesus Christ in full repentance and turned away from your evil and decided not to do it anymore, Jesus's blood will purge you from all sin, wash you clean, and that's the wonderful good news is that Jesus Christ washes away our sin. Now people will say well I don't really have any sin to wash away, I'm fine I am a good person.

But we read on that, “If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us, but if we confess our sins he is faithful and he will forgive our sins and if we claim we have not sinned we are liars and his words are not in us.” so you see of course everybody has sinned that's why Jesus Christ came into the world. He came into the world to wash us clean from sin. He came into the world to bear the sins of the world that all who turn to him will be set free from sin and be made a new creation and that's what born-again means. It's actually means exactly what it means; a new new, way born-again. And when you become born again when you really turn to the Lord Jesus Christ and you really accept him and ask him to set you free and to know him, what happens is Jesus Christ makes you a new person. You're no longer that old man anymore. Now does that mean that the old man is completely dead and so that he cannot rise up against you? No, he still can and he still will. That is why we must endure until the end. Reading on in 1 John 3:8: “The one who does what is sinful is of the devil because the devil has been sinning from the beginning and the reason the son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work, destroy Satan work”… So when you turn to Jesus Christ and you ask him to deliver you to know you what happened is that he will destroy the way of the devil in you. He will give you a new heart, so that you no longer do your sins. You become an ex-sinner. And Christians then say to me, “Well wont we keep sinning?” If we keep sinning after coming to the knowledge of the truth it means that the truth is not in us, because I can read it for you again in John chapter 3 it says that: “In Christ there is no sin. Not no one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him”….

So it's the true litmus test that if you're continuing to practice sin you don't know Jesus, you just don't know him because Jesus Christ sets us free from all sin. And if you are bound in sin, the only place you need to be going is on your knees crying out for Jesus to set you free, and he will. If you are serious, he will listen to your prayers. Remember the verse I read earlier: “God does not hear the prayers of sinners, (John 9:31), we know that God does not listen, but if anyone worships God and does his will God listens to him”. What is his will? His will is to repent and believe on Jesus Christ, to follow Jesus that's what his will is. So if you follow Jesus and you believe and follow him, then God will listen to you and that's when Jesus will come into your life and change you. And that's what I did. I decided to turn away from my sins and turn to the Lord God. Because while I was a Christian, Christian in sin and edging what I wanted to do, God didn't hear my prayers. They were an abomination to him. I read it again: “The one who turns his ear away from hearing the way of righteousness of the Lord which is God's righteous way, even his prayers are an abomination”… Even his prayer are an abomination to God! And it says in Proverbs 15;29,”The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayers of the righteous”. Everybody who inclines their ears to Jesus Christ, inclines their hearts to Jesus, turns away from all evil, these are the people who will become right because they lay their faith in Jesus Christ and because they realize that Jesus Christ is real, they turned to him and he sets them free from their sin. John 8:36, “He who the son of man sets free shall be free indeed”… Jesus also says in that everybody who sins is a slave to sin and you become a slave to whoever you want to serve. So when you want to serve sin, when you want to do sin, it is because you don't want to be a servant of Jesus you want to be a slave to sin instead. But Jesus came to set us free from our slavery to sin, that if we turn to him and follow him we will find life.

Now listen, James 3:2 “We all stumble in many ways. If anyone who is never at fault in what they say, is perfect and able to keep their body in check. So when we put the bit into the horses mouth that makes us makes them obey us, and we can turn the whole animal. It is likewise the tongue is a small part of the body and can set a whole forest alight so set on fire by the fires of hell itself. So we can praise our Lord but if we curse humans made in God's likeness out of the same mouth, you know this should not be. Can fresh water and bitter water flow from the same spring? Can a fig tree bear grapes? Neither can salt springs produce fresh water”….So James is warning that we can stumble but it's showing us what we are doing. Where really is our heart? Does it show whether we really do know Jesus? Or just lies and the truth is really just not in us! Perfection comes when we completely obey Jesus Christ. I want to read to you what Jesus said about some mistakes. He says in Matthew 12:36 that, “Everybody is going to be called to account on the day of judgment for every word that they have spoken, for by your words you will be a quitted and by your words you will also be condemned”. So we see that these words and mistakes and stumbling can seriously land us in big condemnation before God if we don't repent. And that is why we can never excuse ourselves stumbling all the way to heaven or sinning all the way to heaven because that actually shows that we just don't know Jesus and we are just not really that serious about him.

But if you are not really that serious about him, what make you think that God is going to listen to you when he said that he doesn't hear the prayers of sinners! Now Romans 6:1 to 2, “What shall we say then shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? We are those who have DIED to sin so how do we live in sin any longer?”… There you go “died to sin”. And that's what happens when you come to know Jesus Christ. You DIE to sin. We are those who have died to sin. Now what if you haven't died to sin? It shows that you haven't died to the flesh and it shows you haven't turned to the Lord Jesus Christ and shows that you are still on your way to the fire. So let us not be like that. Let us die to sin and turn to Christ. That is a decision that we all must make. Matthew 12:33, “A good tree bears good fruit and a bad tree will be bad for a tree is recognized by its fruit”…. that's what Jesus said. So we need to have the gospel of Jesus Christ clense us today and the only way we can have him clense us is if we go before him. And that's what I did as I was talking about before earlier, I was living in sin and God didn't hear my prayers because he says that the prayers of sinners are abomination to him. John 9:31, “God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners, he hears those who are righteous”… In their hearts, that is those who have turned to Christ. So while I was in my sin I was far from God. I thought I was okay. I was the going to church and reading the Bible and praying to the Lord each night, but I did know him. I didn't have his peace, I was still in bondage to sin, was still doing sin daily thinking that I might be saved but I wasn't sure if I died, but I was hoping that if I laid faith enough in Jesus I would be saved yet wasn't even turning away from sin. Who was I kidding? I wasn't kidding God and neither are you. So we cannot kid God and pull the wool over God's eyes while we're living a double standard in our life, because it proves that we just don't know Jesus as I read earlier that: “In Jesus there is no sin, he who continues to sin and he who sins doesn't know him”.

So friends we got to be serious and if we are in sin we got to get out of it and turn to the Lord and be changed and Jesus will truly set those people free from sin who turn to him. Now how about stumbling? Doing little sins now and again and continue to sin our way to heaven? Some Christians like to to believe that we will continue to sin and stumble and all these things. Now stumbling can happen, but when you stumble what happens is you're in danger of HELLFIRE. Now this is the big problem is that Christians don't realize that when they stumble in to a sin they are in danger of falling to hell. And I'll tell you why. It is because Jesus said in Mark 9:47 he said that, “If your eye causes you to STUMBLE, pluck it out and throw it away for is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than have two eyes and be cast into the fires of hell where there worms don't die nor the fire is ever quenched”…. so if your eye cause you to stumble Jesus is saying get rid it, get rid of the problem otherwise is going to be hell and that's why we have to have this mentality towards sin. You must realize that you're stumbling isn't something that's normal. Its actually something that could cause you to fall into the fires of hell and it's when you realize that you can get serious. Then you can realized the need to turn away from all stumbling and then you be very careful about next time you stumbled knowing that yes Jesus will forgive you if you truly repent. And that's why we here to repent and have a repentant heart, because if we go and stumble, we wont be saved if we do not turn away from our evil. We must be overcome as it is written: “He who overcomes will inherit all things and I will be his God and he will be my son”… Revelation 21:7. he who overcomes.

Do you want to inherit all things? Then you want to have God your father, and you will overcome your sin by the blood of Jesus and by turning away from it in repentance. Jesus calls you to repentant life. “He who overcomes I will grant to him to sit down with me on my throne as I also overcame and sat down with my father and his throne”. He who overcomes. It is those who endure until the end under trial who shall inherit the crown of life. It is not Christians who stumble. That's not overcoming. If we stumble we've got to realize that we are actually in danger of hellfire. Not just our stumbling and it is all fine. No, we got to realize that we're in danger of hellfire. It is only then that we are going to start to get a serious mindset about life today. Start to be serious about the times you stumble and realise it is not okay. For your sake it is not ok. For your eternity it is not ok. For your destination it is seriously not okay to stumble. If you don't know if you should die in that sin and if you did then you're going to go to hell. As Jesus and said that himself. He said that if your eye causes you to stumble, that goes for your hand and your foot too and also for your mind. It is better to cut it off and throw it away and enter the kingdom of heaven with one than to an end in the fire if you keep stumbled. So friends, we got to be extra serious and realize that every time we stumble we are risking our eternity. Now have you ever thought about that? Have you ever thought about risking your eternity every time you stumble? That's a serious thought. That should drive us to be serious about our walk with the Lord of the narrow way.

Jesus didn't say for nothing to strive to enter the kingdom on the narrow way. He didn't say for nothing that the narrow way is difficult because yes we do have the flesh. But it is when we overcome and we turn out those evil thoughts. We turn away our eye from and we throw ourselves upon Jesus Christ in prayer that's where we get to know the Lord and that's when the power comes in to our life. And his blood washes you clean from all sin as it was written in 1 John 1: “Jesus is faithful and he will wash away your sins of those who repent and turn to him, those who walk in the light”. It said those who walk in darkness they don't have their sins washed away. It is those who walk in the light they will have their sins washed away. “If we walk in the light as Jesus is in the light we have fellowship and the blood of Jesus washes us purifies us from all sin. Is not that wonderful good news. If you seriously don't want to follow sin anymore, you don't want to follow immorality anymore, if you seriously want to stop lying and being unkind and swearing and drinking and chasing your dreams and desires in this world, then you would get on your knees and cry out to the Lord to know him and come walk in the light with Jesus having his Holy Spirit on you so you can walk in the light. And that is when Jesus Christ will wash away your sins and purify you. He doesn't purify sinners who don't repented. He doesn't purify people walking in darkness, no, it says that if we claim to have fellowship with him yet we walk in darkness we LIE and the truth is not us. 1 John 1:6. at the same time we can't say that we got no sin, 1John 1:8. “If we claimed we have not sinned, we are a liar.” it is time to have a very close relationship with Jesus Christ so we can walk in the light so his blood will cleanse us all from all sin. Is not that wonderful. And that is completely unmerited. It is the only thing God asks from mankind. He doesn't ask you to save yourself by your good works, he doesn't ask you to strive after the law and the Law of Moses and all the moral laws, he ask you to do one thing and that is to turn away in your heart from evil and turn to him, turn to Jesus Christ.

He is the way to be purified and then you'll be in the light and when you're in the light, Jesus Christ's blood will wash you clean from all sin. Now I want to read to you what the Lord God Almighty says about that. List of Lord God says in Ezekiel, “Why don't you turn away from your sins, oh people, and be saved? For I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked.” so God is calling you to turn away from sin. He is not saying that Christians can continue to keep sinning. He is not saying that one sin is fine. Just try and walk as holy as you can, God is saying that he absolutely hates all sin. And that any sin and any darkness that you walk in is going to cause you to fall into the fires of hell. So that is why we have to put aside all sin today if we claim Jesus Christ. And that's what Paul said. He said: “Since we are surrounded by such a cloud of witnesses of faith, let us throw away from ourselves everything that hinders and sin that so easily and entangles us and let us run with perseverance the race of faith, fixing our eyes on Jesus Christ the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the joy set before him, he endured the cross scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of God. And so do not give up and grow weary”. So we must throw out all sin otherwise were going to be ending in the fire. We must realize that all stumbling is going to cause us to fall into hell if we don't repent. So we cannot just think a foolish way and think we are all sinners who are Christian but we'll all continue to sin and you know make mistakes… NO!! Every one of those mistakes is going to damn you to hell unless you repent. So you got to be very serious about your mistakes. If you're not cut to the heart about the mistake you make, about sin you fall to and fear God immensely when you sin. Suddenly worry about the fact that you could end in the fire if you don't repent, then how can the truth be in you? “See to it (Hebrews 12:15) that no one falls short of the grace of God that no bitter root grows up and causes the defilement of many. See that no one is sexually immoral, godless like Esau”…. we have to be serious. Now people don't like to hear the truth but the truth has to be spoken.

We read in Hebrews 10:26 that if we deliberately keep sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth there is no sacrifice left for us, but a fearful expectation of judgment and the raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. And much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the son of God underfoot and treated unholy, the blood of the covenant as the unholy, and who has insulted the spirit of grace”… So every time we fall to a sin and a mistake, we are getting severe risk of being cut off and that goes for me too. Now I used to be a Christian and sin every day. That was because I was in darkness and I didn't know Jesus at all. I was just a liar and the truth just was not in me. But now that I know Jesus, now he has to be free from sin, if I now go back to my iniquity how much more shall I be judge and how much more would you be judged, if we come to know Jesus and get set free from sin and then go and trample his name in under foot in our evil once more. No wonder there's no sacrifice left for out sins if we do that. That is why when you christian that if you say you keep sinning, well you could be in a pretty hot fire zoo if you don't repent, goodness! We need to have faith and turn from sin and follow Jesus Christ. Listen one John chapter 2: “My dear children I write this that you will not sin but if anyone does sin he has an advocate with the father the righteous one and he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. For we know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says I know him but does not keep his commands is a liar.

If anyone obeys his words of love God truly is complete in him. This is how we know that we are in him is that we live as Jesus lived”… Now if you're not living as Jesus lived and you're just continuing in sin then you don't know Jesus and it is time for you to get on your knees in repentance before the Lord seeking to know him so he can set you free from sin so the you don't end up in the fires of hell. And that's how serious it is. One mistake can end you in hell. Jesus said it clearly that if your eye causes you to stumble you'd be better off to pluck it out than be cast into hell with two eyes. That is how serious the matter is. Not a laughing matter to stumble. And is not a light matter to even do one sin. Not at all and if you think it is then there's something seriously wrong with your relationship with Jesus Christ, you simply did not know him nor fear God. Now we don't want to be like this. We want to be obedient sons of God. The ones God listens to listen to. “Everyone who sins breaks the law but you know that Christ appeared that he would take away our sins and in him there is no sin so no one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.” have a look at the word: “Continues to sin”. Now a lot of Christians will say exactly that. They'll say we will all continue to sin. Preachers will preach that yet it's written so very clearly in 1 John the three verse six that nobody who continues to live in him will keep sinning. Why? Because Jesus Christ changes the heart of a person and his blood has actual real power. If you keeps sining you are denying the power of Jesus and not accepting it so that he cannot set you free. We are not here to deny the power of Jesus. We are here to have Jesus sent us free hallelujah, and have the power of the cross live through us cleansing us and changing us from all sin. “Dear children do not let anybody lead you astray, the one who does what is righteous and just as he is righteous but the one what is righteous just as he is righteous, but he who does what is sinful is of the devil because the devil has been sinning since the beginning.” The one who does what is right is righteous, the person who knows Jesus does what is right. He has a new way and that's what happened to me. I had a situation where I used to claim Jesus and I lived at my own life of sin, yet I went to church, I prayed most nights I would pray I would sing to the Lord in the church, yet I would strive after my own life and I would continue to live in my own sins lust and immorality and various sins every day. And I was truly a Christian sinner yet I just didn't know Jesus.

I was on my way to hell because it's written that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God and because I was immoral, it says the immoral people will not inherit the kingdom of God. The immoral people and I wasn't holy. I wasn't a dedicated to the Lord only. I was busy chasing my career and my goals and my desires. You cannot do that if you want to enter the kingdom of heaven. It doesn't matter what any other Christian wants to tell you because it says that those who are conformed to the world are God's enemy. And it is written so very clearly that, “Do not love the world nor the things of the world because if you do then you make yourselves God's enemy”. Now listen: therefore with minds that are alert and fully sober (1 Peter 1:13) set your hope on the grace to be brought to you through Jesus when he is revealed at his coming. As a obedient children do not conform to your evil desires you had you when you living in ignorance, (and that's how I used to live in complete ignorance I was headed to the fire) just as he who called you is holy, so you also must be holy for it is written be holy for I am holy. Since you call him a father who judges each person's work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear, fear of God. For we know that it is not with perishable things that you are redeemed from the empty way of life handed down by your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Jesus Christ without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world by God and was revealed at these times for your sake, so through him you believe in God and raised from the dead so your faith and hope are now in God.

So you have been purified by obeying the truth that you must have sincere love for each other and it is those who have been born again not of perishable seed but of imperishable seed through the living and enduring word of God. For people are like grass and they die like the flowers of the field but the by the word of God lives on forever”… It is so it is so clearly written dear friends that you must seek to know Jesus Christ and turn away from all your sins and fear God. If you fear the Lord and then you will know that he will impartially judge you on all you do in your body every deed you do in your flesh the Lord God will impartially judge you for and he will judge you if you continue to make mistakes and you don't repent. It is that proving that you are contemptuous of the blood of Jesus and you're not very fearful of turning away from evil that God hates for God loves NO sin at all. So when Christians come to you and they say that we are all sinners and it's all fine and we are just going to be forgiven by Jesus, we know that they're liars and the truth is not in them because it so clearly written that in Jesus there is NO sin and those who are in Jesus Christ do not continue to PRACTICE sin. That is written very clearly. So friends today I was showing you how my past life, and my present life is reflective of this truth. You see these words may mean nothing to you unless there is a testimony and I can tell you truly through my testimony that these words are true because when I didn't know Jesus and I didn't abide in him and I was walking in darkness even though I believed in the Bible, and I prayed but I continue to sin every day, I can tell you truly that when you walk in darkness you truly cannot know the Lord. He doesn't hear your prayers. God didn't hear my prayer. I would pray but God didn't listen. Why? Because I was in sin ad didn't care about repenting. So it is true that when I was walking in sin as a professed Christian, I was on my way to hell. I wasn't plucking out the eye of stumbling and I would have ended in hell with two eyes except that Jesus Christ warned me to repent out of his grace and out of his mercy and so what happened was I came to walk in the light because I dedicated myself to the Lord and turned from my sins. And when you walk in the light there is no darkness and when you walk in the light the blood of Jesus clenses you from all sin. And so that is what we are here to do today.

We are here to turn away from every stumbling way. We are here to turn away from every path that can make us fall into the fire. We are here to turn away from every single little word that could condemn us on the last day. And instead we are here to walk in the light of Jesus Christ hallelujah. As it's written; if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin. So that's what we're here to do. We are not here to walk in darkness. If we claim to fellowship with Christ yet we walk in darkness, darkness is sin, following your desires are following the world chasing the disputes of this world and all the dark things of this world, it says that we are liars and the truth is not in us. That is so very true, because the truth is alive and is sharp and is powerful. The truth of Jesus Christ sets you free from sin and that's what happened to me. I was a sinner and I became an ex sinner by the power of Jesus Christ. And so the only way that you can have this as well is for you also become an ex-sinner through the power of Jesus Christ. Turn away from your sins and iniquities and dedicate yourselves solely to the kingdom of God, to Jesus Christ. Get to know him. Get his power to flow into your life.......