Thursday, June 27, 2013

TEMPTATION AND DESIRE

But you know friends today I wanted to talk about temptation, because a lot of people have a lot of trouble with temptation, desires to sin and they feel that they are being a little overcome by these things. So that is why I want to talk about it today and to give a bit of hope according to what the Lord says about temptation, and the Scriptures. I want to start off with a word from the Lord that I was given some time ago about temptation. Now these are words that I hear in my spirit through the Holy Spirit, so you can pray for discernment: listen to what I command says the Lord I command you to leave your works of sin. Choose against the lusts of the flesh and put down your flesh with effort and I'll reward you. How must I overcome lust you ask or the flesh? I have overcome it already so trust in me and I will deliver you from your flesh. First you must choose to leave your flesh and make the effort to choose against it. Go against that which you want to do and choose against that which would kill you and drag you down to your doom. For sweet tempting desire will soon turn to gravel in your throat, a monster over which you cannot control. Consuming you and leading you by force where you do not wish to go. So come to me says the Lord that I can free you. First choose against your temptation and cast it to the ground these sins which you hate. Hurry do not tarry lest they consume you, before insatiable desires destroy you. Here is what I want you to do; turn your eyes off what that which tempts you. Cast them off which is appealing to you. Choose against these things which tempt you. Bring all things to me for deliverance. Abide in me and I will abide in you and give you the power to overcome. For by yourself you are but a straw in the wind at the mercy of the enemy crushed and broken your righteousness in tatters.

Now I read from revelations 2:26 where the Lord says; he who overcomes and keeps my works until the end to him I will give power over the nations. Friends a lot of us have a lot of trouble with temptation, but the way to get free from this trouble is all about our choices. You see when we follow temptation, that's when Satan gets a toehold in our life. We give power to the enemy in our life by choice if we follow temptation. People say, “well I fell today and next time you know I get tempted so it is hard to try and overcome”. It because once you fall then there's a foothold and a stronghold in your life you gave to satan. You, you gave, but Jesus said we must choose against our temptations and cast it away, but we have to do that choosing. It's not God or Satan he doesn't choose for us. We have to choose. And that is where it all comes down to our choices and what we choose to do today. As Jesus said it's he who overcomes and keeps my works to the end who shall inherit the crown of life. Now that's a choice. I get tempted a lot by many kinds of evil things from my flesh and the devil is going to try and tempt us throughout our lives to try and bring us into a situation where we are going to fall. Because if you fall then satan can get a stronghold in our life, he can get some power. And once he can get some power he can lever us to fall more into deeper sin and in the end to death, and after death comes hell. So the enemies trick is very very subtle. He'll start to use subtle temptation to start to get a toehold in your life and then he will start to get bigger temptations until you get into big sin. And that's how Satan takes out servants of God is he starts off with sweet tempting desire and that sweet tempting desire starts to turn into some acceptance and some sins in our minds and our hearts. And then after that the things start to become more in our deeds. And when we become full slaves in our deeds then we give birth to death. Sin gives birth to death. That is how temptation works, it gives birth to death once we fall. That is why we are here to overcome. Today's the day to overcome. We can fall today and say next time we wont fall but the problem is because you fell today then you've given Satan a toehold in your life. He has taken ground from you that you need to get back.

The only way we can get that ground back is to start from where we began, start over at A, so to choose. It's a choice, it's a choice to choose against temptation. It's a choice to repent. It's a choice to say no. now I want to read from 1 John 5:4: for everybody who has been born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that has overcome the world is our faith. Our faith. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful and he wont let you be tempted beyond your ability but with the temptation he will provide a way of escape that you may be able to endure it. And we read in James that God doesn't tempt you. God allows us to be tested to test the intentions of our heart and our choices and so he's going to sort us. How are we going to be sorted as fish. Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is like a man casting a net into the sea and dragging up all sorts of fish and he sorts the good from the bad. And that is how the kingdom of heaven is like. That is what Jesus said. At the end of the age the Angels will gather together the people and they'll sort the good from the bad. The bad will be thrown away and the good will be gathered into the kingdom. Jesus said the same thing about the end of the age. He said the kingdom of heaven is like the farmer who gathers the grain into the barn. And what he does is he beats the grain and blows away the chaff and the straw is burned and the stubble and the wheat is gathered into the barn. Jesus said that is how the kingdom of heaven is like. In the same way you will be gathered as weeds or blown away and burned as chaff on the last day. So at the moment we're working out if we're wheat or chaff, good fish or bad fish and it depends on our choices. That's why the Bible says that; make your election sure. Strive, strive to prove yourself to the Lord that you are good ground. Make your election sure. I want to read to you from revelation Chapter 2; be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of life says Jesus. Jesus is talking about being faithful so when temptation comes next time will you be faithful? Now Jesus didn't say I will make you faithful until death and then I will give you the crown of life, no. Jesus says BE faithful. That means you have to choose and me. I have to choose to.

You have to be faithful. You have to overcome. It all comes down to our choices. God can't choose for us. Satan can't choose for us rather we are choosing chains and sin if we choose to fall to our temptations. People say I fall everyday to temptation. Well you're also choosing to be bound in chains. Now one particular person was a Satanist and he was in many sins. And in a spiritual experience Jesus Christ came to him and he found himself lying on the ground bound in all these chains. He said to the Lord why did you bind me. The Lord said I didn't find you, you bound yourself because of your choices. Jesus said I came to free you from your chains. That is wonderful. Jesus said that he came to free people from their chains, but you find yourself dear friends. We bind ourselves if we walk off into temptation. You know why are we following temptation? I want to read what Jesus that about overcoming and that's our choice; to him who endures I will give to eat from the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Revelation 2:7. Be faithful until death and I'll give you the crown of life says the Lord. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death relation 2:11. to him who overcomes I will give him some of the hidden manna to eat and I will give him a white stone and on that stone a new name which nobody knows but him who receives it. Again he who overcomes. Now that's our choices. He who endures and keeps my works until the end I will give him power over the nations. I will give him the MorningStar. He who overcomes he shall be clothed in white garments and I will not blot out his name from the Lamb's book of life but I'll confess his name before my father and all his angels revelation 3:5. he who overcomes I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of my God, the city of my God the new Jerusalem and I'll write on him my new name. He who overcomes dear friends, that's a choice. You don't have to overcome if you don't want to. You don't have to choose against temptation if you don't want to.

To him who overcomes I will grant to him to sit down with me on my throne as I also overcame and sat down with the father on his throne. Again it's our choice, choices. He who overcomes shall inherit all things and I will be his God and he shall be my son. Behold I am coming quickly says the Lord and my reward is with me to give to everybody according to his works. Again we're looking at choices. I can read further in the 1 James 12 where it's written: Blessed is the man who endures temptation or overcomes temptation, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life. Again we're looking at standing the test, we're looking at choices, we're looking at overcoming, we're looking at enduring. It's written somewhere else if we endure its written if we endure we shall receive the crown of life. It is to him who endures. It is not him who quits and goes off to his temptations and falls. Jesus says somewhere else that if you keep your robes clean and you overcome I will spare you from the hour of testing coming upon the whole world to test those who belong to the world. Jesus says in another place in the Scriptures he says if you overcome he say there will be a temptation in this world and it must come but woe to those whom the temptation comes through. Friends we have to be very watchful with our flesh daily because I tell you the flesh will rise up no matter how much Jesus has set you free and given you a new way, Satan will come against you all the more to try and bring you back into his kingdom. So that's where the good fish are going to be sorted from the bad fish, by whether or not we choose to go to our temptation. Now if we're falling to our temptation everyday, we're choosing Satan as our father because that means we're doing our sins aren't we. And 1 John chapter 3 says that those who continue to do their sins have Satan as their father not God. If they claim God they are liars. So again life isn't a matter of falling to temptation today and repenting tonight and going and falling to temptation again tomorrow. That's the way of the false believers.

The false Christians who do not have the way of God in them. Because the truth is as Jesus said to me earlier, he said that I free people from chains. He says that you can't overcome by your own power. He says for by yourself you are a straw in the wind. A straw in the wind, and your righteousness in tatters. Isn't it written in the Scriptures that our own righteousness is filthy rags? Tatters? And that's what it comes down to friends is that by ourselves there is not really any overcoming if we're already in sin and we're in chains. Once we choose chains how can we be set free by our own willpower or our choices? No we can't. Once you choose to fall to temptation you are a helpless slave to the devil. He has gotten a foothold in your life, be bas a stronghold and he has every right to be there and take you down. And you are binding yourself. But the thing is friends we got the mediator, we got Jesus Christ who can free us from these sins. And that's what happened with me. Jesus Christ freed me from sin. And he will do it for anybody who seeks him and gives themselves to him. He will free them from sin. But once we've been free from sin, temptations are going to come all the more. Not impossible temptation, but temptations from the powers of the enemy to try and bring us back into submission to the powers of darkness into the slavery to sin once more where we certainly will not enter the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God we must realise friends is for those who overcome. It is not for him he does not overcome. It is not for him who does not endure. Friends I will go to the same hell that unbelievers will go if I don't overcome. And I just follow my temptations and I don't choose to put them out and I choose to follow them and have Satan get a foothold in my life. And the unbelievers will go there because they rejected Christ and they died in their sins. In the end God is not mocked. He is not mocked by believers who say they believe in Jesus but go on in their sin. They will go to the same fire as the unbelievers who mocked God to his face. That's the hard truth, the hard reality. The hard reality friends is that there is no getting away from the justice of God so if we're savvy and we are wise we would choose to fear God, realise that we're going to come to a judgment seat one-day.

And what happens is the Lord is going to say to you to go right or left. Many people are going to be motioned to the left and they'll walk off over a great cliff to hell. Some people will be motioned to go to the right but on that day you can't choose to go to the right. You can't choose to go to the left. You lost your choices. On that day you have no choice anymore. Whatever you died in is what your judgment is. It was set and your choice has now ended. You got no more free will you realize once you get to the day of judgement. You are either under the power of God or the power of Satan. If you died in rebellion saying I got free will I can do what I like, and you die, well your free will just ended that day. And you are enslaved to be motioned to the left, and the demons will take you over to hell over into the fire. So remember this while we are on earth we have the power to choose. I'll read it again: This is what the Lord put into my spirit some time ago about the temptation: choose against the lusts of the flesh. Put down your flesh with great effort and I'll reward you. How must I overcome lust you ask? To overcome the flesh? I have overcome it already says the Lord so trust in me and I will deliver you from your flesh. Is not it written friends in the Bible that Jesus said I have overcome the world fear not. He has overcome. Jesus Christ has overcome so you got to get trusting the Lord make your election sure start choosing. First you must choose to leave your flesh, make the effort to choose against your lusts. Go against that which you want to do. Choose against that which would kill you and drag you to your doom. Jesus once again warns that hey we have choices. We've got free will. We can choose to turn away from the lusts and desires of the flesh.

Why did Jesus say to people to deny yourself and follow me if you want to come after me? That was a choice. He didn't say you MUST come after me and I will make you clean. He said if you WANT to come after me follow me. Let's go on; how must I overcome my desires or lusts you ask? I have overcome it already so trust in me and I will deliver you from your flesh. Choose against that which would drag you to your doom. For sweet tempting desire will soon turned to gravel in your throat a monster over which you cannot control. Once you get following your sweet tempting desires and what happens is that a big monster takes control of your life. A lot of these people who end up in big sins kind of say they're fighting the monster or they are fighting the demons within. Or you know they feel compelled to sin and they can't stop. Now that's true. Once you give foothold to the enemy, you're going to have his power over power you because you chose to give him your soul your power. So you become enslaved and bound in chains. Let's go on; consuming you and leading you by force where you wish to not go… how many people, how many of us who have been in past sin and have felt forced by sin once we become enslaved to it too to get to sins that we just wish we didn't do and places we wish we didn't go! But we just felt compelled to once we were so enslaved to sin. You know how far does sin take us? It takes us a long way and we just feel hopelessly enslaved to it. I am talking about when we were sinners. Now reading on: Hurry and do not tarry first you must choose against your temptation and cast these things to the ground before these insatiable desires destroy you. Here is what I want you to do, turn your eyes off all which tempts you and cast them off which appeals to you. Choose constantly against these things which tempt you. Bring them to me for deliverance. So that's what we got to do. Bring all these things to Jesus Christ. But you have to choose to do that. There is no use in bringing things to Jesus that you don't actually want to turn away from. Everybody wants to sin that's why we have a temptation to do it. It's not like you don't want to. Some people don't want to do certain sins. They are not tempted by those things. People do want to do those things so they are tempted. Let us read on; abide in me and I'll abide in you and give you power to overcome says the Lord for by your self you are a straw in the wind at the mercy of the enemy crushed and broken and your righteousness in tatters. So once again our works are as filthy rags we do not have the righteousness within ourselves friends to overcome. And that is why the Lord says without me you can do nothing, in John chapter 15. and that is why we have to abide in Jesus Christ. And him in us. Hallelujah.

So are we abiding in Jesus Christ? Are we casting to the ground that which tempts us? Are we turning our eyes off temptation? Are we turning our eyes from sweet lustful desires? Are we bringing these things to Jesus for deliverance from them or do we just fall to these things everyday? And keep sinning? This is the problem friends is that everyday we can just keep falling to our desires and we can just keep sinning. But that's not what we are here to do, we are here to put these things out and abide in Jesus Christ. For those who have been born of God have overcome the world. Overcome the flesh. That's what John writes. So if we have overcome the flesh and if we overcome the world that's through Jesus Christ. That's why I say we have to go to the Lord we got to bring these things to him but first we have to choose against them. There is not use wanting to have Jesus set you free from sin and chains if you yourself don't really want that. If you would rather keep fornicating or if you'd rather keep living in sin well Jesus wont free you. But if you want to turn away from your fornication Jesus will free you. That goes for all other sin. Some people struggle with all kinds of sin and these sins make them their identity. So some say they are transgender or some say they're gay, they say that's their identity now. Well that's true that's what they chose. But the thing is these monsters will take us where we do not want to go and though we have many chains from being born into this world, the answer is hey you can't free yourself, you have to go to the Lord Jesus Christ. And I remember in a church I used to go to there were people there struggling with the lustful thoughts and the homosexual desires. And the thing is some things people are tempted by more than others. Some people may not be tempted by homosexual desires. Some people will be.

Some people will not be tempted by adultery and other people will be. Some people may not be tempted so much by sleeping around or getting into fornication too much. Other people will have a lot of trouble with that. It is because the flesh has various issues and problems with it from from the beginning. And we've been born into sin. As is written all born under Adam have come into the curse of sin. And so we do not need to judge those who have various problems that we may not have, because we've got other things that they don't have that we struggle with. We realise friends that Jesus is saying that hey you can choose against these things today. These sweet lustful or these sweet tempting desires or all these things, and you can bring them to me for deliverance from and you can choose against these things and cast them away and overcome. You know the more you overcome the greater the crown of life will be. A lot of people fall to the trap to believe that okay I'm tempted by this that means I'm that. That's not the truth. The truth is when we get tempted by something, it is Satan trying to bring you down into a certain sin and have a stronghold in your life, get a toehold in your life. It doesn't mean that you're that. Say you're tempted by adultery that doesn't make you an adulterer. If you are tempted by homosexual thoughts doesn't make you a homosexual. If you're tempted by fornication it doesn't make you a fornicator. If you are tempted by thieving it doesn't make you a thief. If you are tempted by hurting others it doesn't make you a murderer. You know the list goes on. You know what makes us all these things is if we choose to follow our temptations and we go and do these things. That makes us those things and that puts those chains upon us. But friends we're not here to have all these chains. You know you can choose to be homosexual you can choose to be a transgender like I see so much in the news these days. A lot of people choosing to be transgender. These sweet lustful temptations will seem alright but as Jesus said they become gravel in your throat and they will take you where you don't want to go. Force you. And so these things get power over your soul and you will go places and do things you just don't want to do in the end. And in the end you will go where you do not want to go. So that's why you know we have to choose against these loves of the flesh. We can't just accept them and say its okay and we could be this or that because society accepts it. It's ok to asleep around is part of nature, you can be this way you can be that way it's right you know that's what the world is like. That is what Satan loves. We know that it's not that way, we will reap what we sow. The good fish will be sorted from the bad fish either way. Either way you'll be told to go right or left on the day of judgment by what choices you make now.

And so by our choices we will be either acquitted or condemned as its written by also by our words. So friends it's time to remember that we can choose against temptation. It does not have to rule us. We can choose to put these things out of our lives hallelujah and we can choose to give these things to Jesus Christ abiding in him and when these temptations come put them out. That's what we got to do, we got to put them out. That is what Jesus warns. He says put out your temptation put them out. Now that's what we have to do. And we should be encouraged by all these wonderful things that happen to those who endure; he who overcomes will eat from the tree of life, he who overcomes will be given the crown of life, he who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death, he who overcomes will be will have a new stone a white stone with his name on it and he'll eat from the hidden manna, he who overcomes will be given power over the nations, he will be given the MorningStar, he who overcomes shall be clothed in white and his name will not be blotted out of the book of life. What if you don't overcome? Do you think your name is going to be blotted out? He who overcomes I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, I will write on him my name. He overcomes I will grant him to sit on my throne as I overcame and sat with the father on his throne. He who overcomes will inherit all things and I'll be his God and he shall be my son. Behold I am coming quickly and my reward is with me to give everybody according to their work revelation chapter 22. you know when you think about all these things friends, is it worth you to overcome? Is sweet tempting desire worth your forfeit of all this? Is short-term satisfaction in sin worth the forfeit of all these things? Is it worth the second death? Is it worth being told to go left and then being cast into the lake of fire with the devil and his angels and having the smoke of your torment rise before the throne of God forever in the presence of the Lord? You know not overcoming and following sweet tempting desire, is that worth forfeiting your place in the kingdom of God? Is it worth forfeiting your place on the throne of God? Is it worth to forfeit your right to eat from the tree of life? Is it worth your crown of life? You know, is it worth these things friends to forfeit your future with God just this sweet tempting desire you have today. Is it worth it?

Now what you choose will be where you decide to go. Some people will choose to go to the left. They will decide that it is worth it. They don't have the faith really in God anyway and they decide hey I want to be gay I want to want to be transgender, you know I want to be a fornicator I want to be an adulterer, I want to follow my lust although I don't like doing it I still want to. That's what they choose in the end they go and do it. Satan puts them in chains they choose their chains they don't turn to the Lord and they end up perishing and these go to the left. That is why Jesus said; strive to enter the kingdom of heaven through the narrow gate for broad is the way that leads to destruction and many are they who go by that way, that easy way. But narrow and difficult is the way that leads to eternal life and few are they who find it therefore strive to enter the kingdom through the narrow way for many will try but few will be able. And this is what Jesus said. So this is what we are faced with today friends is always our choices. You can choose to accept that you want to have these wonderful things that Jesus promises, or you can choose to just have your desires that tempt you. I talk about homosexual sexuality a lot because it's such an agenda these days. So many people accept it now. They're trying to make it normal so that if you choose that you think that you're not sinning. Everyone knows it's sin but they're trying to kill their conscience to sear it with hot iron so they don't think it's sin anymore. The same goes for adultery and all these other sins that society now accepts as not sinful. So what happens is so many people choose against their consciences they choose against the way that leads to life, and once you're in all these sins you're very very far away from God and there is no way can have a relationship with Jesus Christ while you're gay, while your a fornicator, while you're practicing all these sins. God is far from you as he said in John 9 that he won't hear the prayers of the sinners who don't repent. He's far from them.

But he'll hear the prayers of sinners who do repent, who choose to turn away and turn to the Lord hallelujah. You know these sins to some people are normal. To them it's how they are born. This is the problem. Now some of us feel it is fairly normal to lie. And some of us have a problem with this or that and we try and justify it in our minds. We try and justify certain sins. It is very easy to try and justify many things before the Lord. That's now what we're here to do. We are not here to justify, we're here to put out. We're here to overcome. Talk to any of these homosexuals and they'll say it's normal for them. They'll say it's how they're born, it's how they are. Well it's true that's how they decided to go that's now their bondage under it and what they're enslaved to. And all these things can start from a very early age. You know chains can start early in life. By our choices we would choose eternal life or the kingdom of death. But friends we're here to choose eternal life amen. So let us think about what we're choosing today and which way we are going to go with the next temptation and when it comes make the choice because the next time will be far easier, let us choose........